Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MY NEW OLD DESK!!




















Hello my friends!!






I finally finished my desk. I found this piece about a year ago for $10.00..YEP..10 bucks! It is very sturdy but I just didn't care for the finish. So I painted, added gold trim and went over the piece with gel stain to give it a nice timeworn finish.The top picture is the before. Blue with black stuff on it!!I will change out the handles as soon as I find the right ones that I like. I'm happy with the turnout now I'm off to do my bedroom set. Well... I'm planning to soon...

6 comments:

Tardevil said...

Your desk is beautiful. I just came by to say thanks for following my blog. I can't follow your's yet (until I drop someone b/c Google limits your following to 200 blogs :O( But, I'm going to add you to my blogroll, so I can see when you update! Anyway, I don't know whether or not you noticed on the right side of my blog, since you said you're new to blogging, but on Monday, Susan at Between Naps on the Porch hosts Metamorphosis Monday & your last post is exactly the kind of thing to post to participate! She has over 200 followers, and it's a quick way to get people over to your blog....if that's what you want. Just thought I'd let you know - if you didn't. Same for the other "parties" listed on the right side of my blog. There's something for each day! Happy blogging!

My Cottage Dream said...

Thank you so much!! Be sure to keep watch for I will be adding more often!!

Nancy said...

Beautiful blog. Just gorgeous! I will be writing about your blog today. Check back on mine.

the CEO said...

I love your desk! I'm so jealous and what a deal?! I just love visiting your blog and seeing all of your great stuff. I can't wait to see the lamps when they are finished. Have a great weekend!
Hugs!
Cije

{oc cottage} said...

Fabulous!!!!

M ^..^

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Love it! Jealous!!!!!